Environmental Management Policy of The Twelve - Gold Medal Award Winner for Green Hospitality
Objectives & Targets 2021
“We recognise that our business has an important role to play in protecting and enhancing the Environment for future generations and to help secure the long-term sustainability of the Tourism Industry” To this end we at the Twelve hotel are committed to the following actions;
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- To produce an annual Environmental Plan setting out our Objectives, Targets and planned Actions
- To comply fully with all relevant legislation
- To minimise our waste and reduce our water consumption where possible
- To reduce, Reuse, Recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To invite our customers, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives
- To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance
with our policies, objectives and targets”
Major Targets & Objectives
To reduce our Energy consumption by 10 % in 2021 over 2019. We have converted all lighting to low energy and we have installed meters to monitor consumption in kitchens, laundry and overall.
To reduce consumption of Mains Water by 5% in 2021 over 2019 which will be the equivalent of 500,000 L of water. This shall be achieved by adding aerators to all taps in the building. Also the continued us of our towel reuse program.
To reduce the waste we send to landfill by 5 Tonnes.
To engage with our suppliers to reduce packaging by 10%. To increase usage of recycled paper products to 10% of all paper/cardboard
purchased. We have converted our coffee and ice cream cups to 100% biodegradable. To increase purchases of locally sourced foodstuffs by 10% and ENSURE 80% OF OUR MAIN COURSES are from local suppliers on our daily menus.
Community Social Responsibility
To support a local school in their Green Flag Environmental Activities
To promote the use of our Electric Car Charging Stations
To communicate monthly our performance & achievements through the hotel website
12 Things You Can do To make Your Stay Greener…
Adhering to our ‘Towel Reuse Programme’
Conservative use of water by using the two flush mechanism in the public areas
Not running water while brushing teeth
Not running water while shaving but rather fill the basin
Turn off air conditioning when windows are open
Place all clean dry recycling items in the metal bin in room and general waste in the bathroom bin.
Please call reception if you would like your linen changed
Please ask at reception for our guest guide where you will find lots of local biodiversity activities. These are also indicated on your in room tablet.
Have any used batteries? You can leave them at our collection point at reception
Turn off lights in bathroom when not in use
Turn off lights and tv if not needed
Take your key card from socket when leaving your room
To learn more about how you can make your holiday and life carbon free, please visit this website:
Our Electric Car Charging Stations are free and can be located through sat nav here: H91 Y3KA