We’d like to assure you that we are committed to protecting the privacy of all our users. We will ensure that the information you provide us with is kept private and confidential, and we will only use it to provide the services you request.
Please review this Policy before using this website or mobile app. By using this website, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your information as set forth in this Policy. If you do not agree to be bound by this Policy, you may not access or use this service.
Information You Voluntarily Provide
We collect personal data from you which you volunteer when you provide such personal data to us, or via our services with which you interact. We may also be given other personal data relating to you by other persons, or we may obtain such other personal data about you as may be provided to us in the course of our legitimate business activities.
We may collect and process data including the following in the course of providing services to you, which could contain your personal data:
your full name; your address; your various email addresses; your various phone numbers including mobile phone numbers; your nationality; your address; financial information about you, including your bank account details, credit card details, or other payment details; details of contracts you have entered with third parties for us to provide services to you; details of your relationship to other parties; details of your membership of professional or other organisations; your date of birth; details of your children and other relations; medical details, including details of allergies; details of your car registration number; details of your driving licence; details of your passport and all other data which you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process in order for us to fulfil our role as providing accommodation, spa, leisure, retail or food related services to you.
Information We Automatically Collect
When you browse the website or make a purchase, we may automatically collect information about your visit by using cookies. This information may include your device type, browser, IP address, how you came to the website or how you interacted with the website [anything else we need to list here?]. This information may be used to monitor or improve website performance or deliver targeted advertising. Information from the cookie alone generally will not identify you personally and we will not use this information in connection with any personally identifiable information you have provided. You may read more about the specific cookies we use on this website here.
Uses Made Of Your Personal Data
We use your personal data that we hold to:
- In our legitimate interest of advertising our services, provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (our list of services below);
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- in our legitimate interest of advertising our services, provide details of any loyalty scheme or promotion;
- comply with legislation; and/or
- notify you about changes to our services.
List of services
Restaurant, bar service and other food related services.
We may use your data to send you information relating to our services, events and products which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify us to that effect. We keep your Data for varying periods according to our Retention Schedule.
Information We Share with Third Party Providers
We may share your personally identifiable information with service providers including
- Payment processors for secure credit card payment transaction.
- Hosting services.
- Email service providers to send you emails pertaining to your booking. Such providers may send emails of a marketing nature if you have agreed to receive such newsletters.
- Advertising partners who may use email address, cookies and other tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
- Our business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them. We may also share your data with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our website.
- Legal authorities when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or when necessary to do so to protect the rights and safety of The Twelve Hotel Galway, employees and users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our services.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of The Twelve Hotel Galway
- Information that is aggregated or anonymised that does not directly identify you.
How We Protect Your Information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, considering the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. We implement a variety of security measures when a user makes a booking, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then The Twelve Hotel Galway will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
Third Party Websites
Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves. Your interactions with those features and platforms are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below: -
1. The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’).
2. the right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’).
3. The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
4. The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’).
5. The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”).
6. The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to
If you wish to stop receiving email newsletters, click on the unsubscribe link on any of the newsletters. We will retain your information for as long as required to deliver your service, agreement or resolve any issues. Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
You can also write to us at:
The Twelve Hotel,
Ireland H91 Y3KA
© 2018 The Twelve Hotel. All rights reserved.